Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DB and Log size Checking

Hi,
I am wondering what the best way is to go about getting data about
database size (free & used space). I have multiple servers that I
must keep an eye on so I am developing a little application that will
report on the DB and log size but I do not want to go to each server
with enterprise manager or query analyzer to check on them. As far as
log size information I have been using a stored procedure that retuns
results from DBCC SQLPERF(Logspace) but I have not been able to find a
similar function for the database stats. Any ideas?
Paul,
For whatever the current database is the system stored procedures:
sp_spaceused -- shows utilization
sp_helpfile -- shows the file sizes, e.g. the mdf and the ldf, etc.
I use these both to understand what is happening.
Russell Fields
"Paul T." <weluvpaul@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1fe3e09e.0408231149.1aa9225a@.posting.google.c om...
> Hi,
> I am wondering what the best way is to go about getting data about
> database size (free & used space). I have multiple servers that I
> must keep an eye on so I am developing a little application that will
> report on the DB and log size but I do not want to go to each server
> with enterprise manager or query analyzer to check on them. As far as
> log size information I have been using a stored procedure that retuns
> results from DBCC SQLPERF(Logspace) but I have not been able to find a
> similar function for the database stats. Any ideas?
|||Thank you Russel!

No comments:

Post a Comment